Thursday, July 1, 2010

Gratitude

Thanks to Denise Quinlan for her presentation at the NZPF conference. I was taken and moved by her talk on gratitude. She probed us by asking some great questions around how we show gratitude in the workplace, our meetings, the playground. She shared how gratitude can be helpful for children as it has the potential to
*Encourage social connection
*Create upward spirals of emotion
*Promote well being
*Facilitate learning
*Can be developed

Here's a moving clip that Denise shared at the end of the session.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,
I knew I could count on your blog as a means to continue being inspired even though I am not lucky enough to see you every day anymore!
I have taken much of your motivational ideas with me.
Keep it coming.
Chris C